` Gary Investing Blog: 5/15: AAPL, DDD, SPWR, SIRI, GTAT

Translate

Follow Us on StockTwits

ShareThis

Thursday, May 16, 2013

5/15: AAPL, DDD, SPWR, SIRI, GTAT

Apple had a bad day yesterday, dropping 3.38%, as hedge funds are dumping their positions. AAPL traded as low as $422.36, crossing below 50SMA again. The outlook is again bearish with a bearish MACD crossover around the corner. I shorted AAPL yesterday before close. I target $382 in a month. Stop just above $463.

Today's red candlestick on DDD confirms the doji  formed on Tuesday, same day when DDD crosses above $50.00 mark and reach as high as $51.94. Although it drops with light volume, I think further depreciation, possibly to $45.0 level, will trigger a massive sell off and profit-taking. I would suggest considering liquidating partial shares. I have no position on DDD as I have sold all of my position by Tuesday 's close.

GTAT has made a golden cross, crossing above 200SMA. GTAT has been making higher highs and higher lows since March. Despite the high reading in RSI, I believe a pop will be around the corner if GTAT stays above 200SMA for several more days.

Sirius XM Radio, Inc (NASDAQ: SIRI) has made a big move yesterday, after it breaks above a flag formation. Uptrend continues and I target $4.00 in a month. If you have longed since $3.00, I suggest a tight stop order or a trailing stop of 5% as SIRI pulling back to 50SMA level should not be a surprising phenomenon.

Solar Industry is heating up again. SPWR has jumped 8.51% and doubled in less than a month. Volume is increasing along with the move. However, today's candlestick looks like a Doji, so trade with caution. Huge volume with a doji might be a short term top pattern. I have no position in SPWR.

Thank you for vising Gary Investing Blog

Twitter: GaryLee_HK
http://gary-investing.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Avafin says money flow was $44.39 million into stock yesterday alone. You think SIRI pulls back to SMA [$3.35] before next month run to $4-$4.20? If it breaks past technical pps of $3.63, uptrend continues uninterrupted?

    ReplyDelete

: