` Gary Investing Blog: 4 Stocks to Trade for the January Effect

Translate

Follow Us on StockTwits

ShareThis

Sunday, December 23, 2012

4 Stocks to Trade for the January Effect

Capture the January Effect with holding Stocks with Strong Uptrend before 2013 ends.

The "January Effect" is the averagely overall good performance of stocks in the month of January. Buying stocks with strong uptrend is a good way to capture the January boost in 2013. Reminder: Don't hope for a down around of a stock just because of January Effect. A big breakdown could negate the possibility of January Effect.

 HDFC Bank Ltd. (NYSE: HDB) has shown a strong up trend since June. Now, the stock is trading within the uptrend channel and moving towards support at around $40.27. My target is $45 before February 2013.   Even a close below $40.00 is yet not the perfect sell signal. I would put a stop at $37.00 for a stock with strong uptrend like this.

Lions Gate Entertainment Group. (NYSE: LGF) started an uptrend after good reviews of the movie "Hunger Game." It is also closing around support in the channel. MACD above to cross signal line. As long as it stays above last month's low of $14.5, uptrend still enacts and there is a big room to capture profits as we have a wide channel on chart.

Pharmacyclics, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCYC) shows support from MA(50) and the neckline. Friday's candlestick is a hammer on chart, which is an important signal for reversal. Once again, I think the current trading price of PCYC is a great opportunity for entry.




Visa, Inc. (NYSE: V) has been in a strong uptrend since June with a fairly tight channel. Technically, Visa is under a strong uptrend no matter January effect occurs or not. But if it does, I could get to $165 region easily.


S&P 500 (NYSE: SPY) The index has been doing well mid-week on positive economic data but fell sharply due to failure to reach an agreement on fiscal cliff solution. If there is no agreement in the coming 8 days, Jan. 1, 2013 tax hike could send the U.S. back into recession. I believe an agreement would eventually come. No one wants to take blame on sending the U.S. into recession again.

Favorite Tweets / Successful picks
Told you on $RIMM  Mentioned: http://stks.co/fHtT 
Told you on $WAC. dropping 4.77% so far. Mentioned: http://stks.co/bGpb Bearish

16 comments:

  1. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    Also see my website: Orlando contractor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I'm not a trader, but I was impressed by your analysis. The post was great, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great analysis, thanks for this informative post.Its very useful for all traders.Options Trading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Here is my homepage Welcome to fit4NM - News

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I do believe this is a great website. I stumbledupon it ;) I will return yet again
    since i have book-marked it. Money and freedom is the best
    way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide
    others.
    Also see my page :: Freiwillig gesetzlich krankenversichert

    ReplyDelete
  6. great put up, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don't notice this. You must continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers' base already!
    Visit my page ; clickbanking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your website
    unintentionally, and I am shocked why this accident did not came about
    earlier! I bookmarked it.
    Have a look at my blog post : no cost home equity line of credit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on
    your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?

    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one these days.
    Also visit my web site : bad credit debt consolidation loan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post. Keep posting such kind of information on your site.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You have done an incredible job. I'll definitely digg it and in my view suggest to my friends. I'm sure
    they will be benefited from this site.
    Take a look at my site loans to buy a house for people with bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there friends, how is the whole thing, and what you
    want to say about this paragraph, in my view its genuinely amazing for me.


    my web blog ... http://breakernyc.com/thecypher/index.php?title=User:ReynaldoWa
    Feel free to surf my blog ; private krankenversicherung kostenlos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A couple of my blog readers have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?
    My blog - Damenschuhe Online kaufen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include almost
    all vital infos. I would like to look more posts like this
    .
    Also visit my site - refinance with cash out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tremendous issues here. I am very happy to look your article.
    Thanks so much and I'm looking forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?
    Feel free to surf my blog new Clickbank Products

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurrah! At last I got a weblog from where I know
    how to truly take helpful information regarding my study and knowledge.


    Also visit my homepage webhosting anbieter

    ReplyDelete
  15. bookmarked!!, I like your blog!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage travel agent

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I have really come on the right place for getting the perfect info.stock picks

    ReplyDelete

: